Market Research Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Market Research Manager Interview Questions

Market research manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How do you influence people who do not report to you? How do you get them to do things even though they don't have to or want to?

2 Answers

a) I've never actually had someone refuse to help me when asked, but b) I would try ahead of time to get to know them so that when I need to influence them or need to request assistance, they already have a basic level of comfort with me.

I would answer this question by first stating that it is important to get to know how people are motivated on a personal level first. If they do not report to you then you might not have positional authority to ask them for a deliverable. At a company like Microsoft, I'm sure that there are jobs/roles that require people to get help/collaboration from people outside of their positional authority. To do this, you must first know what motivates a person and proactively make personal "deposits" to build some solid connections so that when you need to make a "withdraw" you have invested enough. Deposits can be made by taking an interest in someone, providing them with help when they need it, or maybe buying them lunch/drinks.

No real difficult questions; more personal opinions than anything else. Toughest question was "What do you think is Honda's biggest challenge?"

1 Answer

What was unexpected was the lack of a difficult question. It was only over an hour when interviews I've had with other companies for a similar position were a full day event.

Standard personality and fit questions. Past experience and how it would relate to success in Product Research role.

None - I was expecting interviewers to grill me on the fact that I lacked any scientific experience. Wasn't a concern and hasn't been an issue during my first year.

110 of 23 Interview Questions