Marketing Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Marketing Assistant

Marketing Assistant Interview Questions

"Marketing assistants support marketing operations through their ability to gather and represent data, track trends, and assembling necessary presentations. In an interview context, expect to be asked about your sales or marketing experience, as well as what you believe represents a good marketing company or a well marketed product. It is an additional bonus if you know how to use HTML, and emphasize any other skills that you can bring that will make you an asset to the company."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you propose a new marketing strategy for the financial advisor?

1 Answer

Definitely with a blog or some sort of social media since it is blooming in general.

Describe a recent situation where you had to deal with an unhappy customer, and what you did to diffuse the situation.

1 Answer

"Why do you qualify for this position without prior marketing experience?"

1 Answer

Nothing of any significance. He had seen my resume online...brings me in and tells me, given my resume and experience (which I am more than aware of), he would rather put me in a marketing position. Something I've been very successful in for 30 years (I was just looking for a semi-retirement mindless job)...so then he wanted me to apply my many years of marketing knowledge. As I told him, "That's a whole different ball game than being a personal assistant." He sends me an offer letter with a title below any I have ever held, even out of college with a salary less than the personal assistant job...something I had not made since 1984. SURELY YOU JEST!! The pompous arrogance is unbelievable. I countered with two offers and he just never returned my call and that was the end of that. How immature these arrogant people are and trust me, the arrogance is completely unfounded. I would stay away. I should have taken heed of the previous Glassdoor comments. I did take note before going in as to how low his CEO rating was and, it is even lower in my opinion. The second I walked in, he spouts out some negative comment about the great GPS system I used to find his office (which he said people have a hard time finding.) I didn't. He then proceeds to bash two of his current employees. He has no business working with people or making job offers. He is obviously just plain greedy and clueless. Most people who exude such arrogance are just negative, insecure people on power trips and the describes the CEO of Big Red, in my opinion. DO NOT WORK HERE!!

5 Answers

Describe yourself in one word.

about yourself

3 Answers

If you were hired today could you start the next day?

3 Answers

How do you keep yourself organized?

2 Answers

Do you know that there is no salary?

2 Answers

Would I be willing to start out as a barely paid sales person and hope I can work my way up their company ladder?

110 of 2,473 Interview Questions