Marketing Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marketing Director Interview Questions

"In the marketing team, a marketing director is depended on to interpret market data while developing and guiding the marketing staff. Employers are looking for candidates who can create effective marketing strategies, motivate their team to success, and spot areas for improvement. During your interview, expect to be asked as to role play a situation where you must sell your interviewer one of the company's products. Be sure to come with a real passion for taking on challenges and making an impact on the company through your contributions."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How do you convince a CIO of a utility to care about energy efficiency?

5 Answers

This is a bit of a trick question. CIO really does NOT care about efficiency because it means less revenue. However, some states are mandating efficiency programs and so the CIO wants to do this as cost effectively as possible. Some utilities in some states also face competition for energy consumption, so a customer engagement program that makes consumers feel good about their utility will help with rate approvals and satisfaction ratings, which will boost the bottom line overall.

He cares because if he can lower the system peak number, he can lesson the amount of spinning reserves he must have in place, whixh in effect is stranded capital.

CIO cares since as a company executive he needs to work with his customers (operating unit executives) to cut costs and increase revenues. By providing a solution that mines data to assist customer to save energry usage - the CIO is prioviding a solution for the utility to flatten its energy demand curve.

What was the most comprehensive marketing strategy you defined and executed?

1 Answer

How do you motivate people?

1 Answer

How are you going to make this Company better and more profitable.

1 Answer

What is your current employer doing better than we are? I work in marketing so I had to answer based on my research done prior to interview. I was so happy I did a ton of research/comparison before going in.

1 Answer

What do you see the organization doing to raise it in prominence?

1 Answer

Why would you want this job when it is in an area where Microsoft has a poor track record of success?

2 Answers

What would you do to improve the performance of our Plate products?

2 Answers

Tell me about your skills with Excel.

2 Answers

What can I tell you about the company?

110 of 962 Interview Questions