Marketing Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marketing Director Interview Questions

"In the marketing team, a marketing director is depended on to interpret market data while developing and guiding the marketing staff. Employers are looking for candidates who can create effective marketing strategies, motivate their team to success, and spot areas for improvement. During your interview, expect to be asked as to role play a situation where you must sell your interviewer one of the company's products. Be sure to come with a real passion for taking on challenges and making an impact on the company through your contributions."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

What can I tell you about the company?

1 Answer

What should our strategy be for XYZ

1 Answer

Why do you want this job

1 Answer

Would you need to focus on [X country] to be the #1 in this market sector?

1 Answer

They wanted to know my level of digital marketing experience.

1 Answer

Company is not necessarily concerned with growing their market share. When I asked about profitable growth, I was told that the company only wanted to due things the "pure" way? I asked what that meant and the person really did not know. I left as quickly as possible, never to look back.

1 Answer

Questions were not asked by interviewer! Did not ask questions regarding my experience.

1 Answer

I was asked about my ability to sell advertising space, which I had no experience with. "Describe a scenario where you are selling advertising space to a local business owner. How would you initiate contact, secure a meeting, describe the features and benefits, and handle objections to the proposed rate?"

1 Answer

Where I see myself in five years time.

1 Answer

Based on our website and marketing materials, what's the first thing you'd do to make immediate improvements?

1120 of 1,033 Interview Questions