Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marketing Interview Questions

Marketing positions cover a variety of roles, ranging from technical market analysis to creative storytelling. If interviewing for an analytical role, expect to answer statistical questions about market trends and patterns. If interviewing for a non-technical role, focus on highlighting your strong written and oral communication skills as well as your experience running compelling campaigns.

Marketing Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Can you tell me how you would manage a new product launch?

1 Answer

I would put together a launch plan with input from the necessary teams: Product Management, Engineering, Testing, Support. A part of the plan would include schedule, key stakeholders and responsible team members, and key deliverables and milestones with dates. I would arrange weekly meetings leading up to the launch date and manage the progress on each of the milestones and deliverables by coordinating with each of the team members.

What does BrightTALK do?

1 Answer

Imagine you make a very complicated calculation in excel for a client who is going to make a decision. After you reviewed it a couple of times you notice you are going to save the client $10 million in taxes. You give it to your senior and your partner, who review your work. They agree on your calculation and tell the client about the tax savings and the meeting to finalize the transaction is tomorrow. It's 9 o'clock at night and you are finalizing the paperwork, and you suddenly realize you made a careless mistake on excel and instead of putting a minus, you put a plus, so the client is not going to save $10 million, but is going to owe $10 million. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

2 Answers

How do you feel about interacting with different departments of the company while managing the multicultural strategy of several brands and their owners at the same time?

1 Answer

What is the marketing strategy of your former company?

2 Answers

How do you think Amazon may have come up with the $80 fee for the Amazon Prime membership program? - this is a classic pricing question.

2 Answers

The questions aren't difficult. It's getting them to look past one's skin color in order to be given a fair chance.

2 Answers

How many people are in Logan Airport at 9am on a Monday morning?

2 Answers

How did you approach marketing messaging in past assignments?

1 Answer

The most difficult part of the interview for me was when they asked me about why I left my previous position.

110 of 268 Interview Questions