Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Marketing Interview Questions

Marketing positions cover a variety of roles, ranging from technical market analysis to creative storytelling. If interviewing for an analytical role, expect to answer statistical questions about market trends and patterns. If interviewing for a non-technical role, focus on highlighting your strong written and oral communication skills as well as your experience running compelling campaigns.

Marketing Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Imagine you make a very complicated calculation in excel for a client who is going to make a decision. After you reviewed it a couple of times you notice you are going to save the client $10 million in taxes. You give it to your senior and your partner, who review your work. They agree on your calculation and tell the client about the tax savings and the meeting to finalize the transaction is tomorrow. It's 9 o'clock at night and you are finalizing the paperwork, and you suddenly realize you made a careless mistake on excel and instead of putting a minus, you put a plus, so the client is not going to save $10 million, but is going to owe $10 million. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

2 Answers

Answer: Everyone makes mistakes and you have to acknowledge it in a humble way. Tell the senior or the partner of the mistake as soon as possible, so they can help you minimize the damage.

Firstly, tell your partner and senior about it. After that, finalize the paperwork and bring it to your client's house. Talk to your client and just tell your client that you've made a mistake and tell your client the correct info

Can you tell me how you would manage a new product launch?

1 Answer

How do you feel about interacting with different departments of the company while managing the multicultural strategy of several brands and their owners at the same time?

What does BrightTALK do?

1 Answer

How many people are in Logan Airport at 9am on a Monday morning?

2 Answers

How do you think Amazon may have come up with the $80 fee for the Amazon Prime membership program? - this is a classic pricing question.

2 Answers

What is the marketing strategy of your former company?

2 Answers

Estimate the market for bike helmets

1 Answer

The most difficult part of the interview for me was when they asked me about why I left my previous position.

1 Answer

No questions. Just told me I don't fit in, and I'm not qualified.

110 of 269 Interview Questions