Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marketing Interview Questions

Marketing positions cover a variety of roles, ranging from technical market analysis to creative storytelling. If interviewing for an analytical role, expect to answer statistical questions about market trends and patterns. If interviewing for a non-technical role, focus on highlighting your strong written and oral communication skills as well as your experience running compelling campaigns.

Marketing Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Describe a situation that you define as a crises. What was your role? What was the outcome?

1 Answer

Describe events, experience and other information on your resume.

1 Answer

Why would you take a major salary cut aka aren't you too senior for this position?

1 Answer

Something like "If it costs .02 cents to print up a mailer and .20 cents to mail it and each marketing lead costs .001 cents but we can buy a list that should give is a 1.5% response rate and of those we will land 1% and they will carry and average balance of $1,000 for the year and we earn 10% on that is it better to buy the list or purchase the leads.

1 Answer

How would you sell a pencil to someone that does not need one?

Tell me about yourself.

1 Answer

Generally, I think the most difficult part is that the company was in the process of redifining the position, so that almost every person I interviewed with came at it from a different angle. For example, one interview was focusing on my experience as a manager, another on my direct marketing copy experience, and another on my knowledge of international markets.

1 Answer

What brought you to (insert company name here) as opposed to their competion?

1 Answer

They asked me about my life outside of work and I mentioned that I recently had a second child. The interviewer got nervous and asked if I was sure that I could attend to all the early morning conference calls with the new baby.

2 Answers

Questions they ask are: do you know the two types of marketing systems? Indirect is 3% effective and direct is 10% effective. They will also ask you on a scale from 1-10 how do you rate your work ethic, student mentality, and attitude.

4150 of 267 Interview Questions