Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marketing Interview Questions

Marketing positions cover a variety of roles, ranging from technical market analysis to creative storytelling. If interviewing for an analytical role, expect to answer statistical questions about market trends and patterns. If interviewing for a non-technical role, focus on highlighting your strong written and oral communication skills as well as your experience running compelling campaigns.

Marketing Interview Questions

How do you connect with a stranger when you’re having a conversation?

What's the difference between client-side and server-side coding?

Each interviewer focused on a different theme: (1) Inbound - assess & communicate on tough problems (2) relational - assess ambiguous opportunities & drive decisions by convincing others (3) cross functional - interact across teams, to influence stake holders / executives who have different POVs & agendas to arrive at the right decision (4) outbound - enable sales and revenue, how do i position & market a product. what's the bigger picture. This particular group cared less about my specific knowledge of FB's strategy and vision, and more how i thought about the industry and how the competition works. Questions were heavily focused on my own experience and how they relate to the above 4 themes.

When can I start.

1 Answer

Define 'pipeline'. Lots of technical questions from a 30 page file from corporate. He did not ask all the listed questions, but there is a very structured script that dictates the interview.

1 Answer

Mutual fund presentation because they provide minimal resources to shape the presentation; requires thorough knowledge of the fund because they WILL question you heavily during the Q&A afterward

What would you do to help our organization that other marketing people wouldn't be able to do?

1 Answer

None. Extremely basic but simply asked if the drive was a problem and they are looking to hire five people (always a red flag when they advertise ONE job. Also, alludes to high turnover and instability.

1 Answer

What do you want to be when you grow up?

1 Answer

Name a time that you were innovative and it led to a policy change. This was a difficult question, because I had a list of almost 30 examples of when I did something innovative; however, only a couple of those led to a change in policy.

110 of 259 Interview Questions