mcgarrybowen Assistant Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

mcgarrybowen Assistant Account Executive Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at mcgarrybowen (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Sent in an email, got a phone call with the new business director. She didn't ask me much but just wanted to talk to me to gauge my personality. She went over the job, emphasizing the heavy hours involved in working, and at the end of the call sounded positive and said she would get back in touch with me in the next couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to go over my resume. Like I said above, no real questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for mcgarrybowen

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at mcgarrybowen in October 2014.

Interview

Set up a phone call within a couple days of getting in contact with them. It was a 20 minute chat mostly about my past experiences, what I know about McGarry, challenges I had in the past etc. Would be followed by 1-3 round interviews depending on how fast they need someone. Recruiter was very nice and personable and was honest about where they are in terms of hiring needs.

Interview Questions

• What advertising campaign interested you the most recently and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at mcgarrybowen (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The standard recruiter phone call to kick things off followed by an in-person meeting with the team. It seemed like everyone was stressed out and the interview was more of a meet-and-great than anything formal. Quite easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work here? What are your ambitions in this industry? Etc.   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Interview

I reached out to an HR recruiter and first did a phone interview. I then scheduled a visit to NYC for interviews at various companies and mentioned I would be in town. I then was scheduled for interviews on two teams and did second round and final round on both that week. I interviewed with my direct boss, then met other members on the team

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at mcgarrybowen (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

First I met with the recruiter who offered me interviews on two different teams - new business and a well-established client - I went through rounds for both teams but ended up going with the client - had a one on one interview with multiple team members and finally met with the account director and was then hired.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to made a difficult decision and the expense of a team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at mcgarrybowen (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Met with recruiter - then, met with one team (corporate communications focused) then met with new business supervisor (who was late and met with me for 5 minutes), then met again with corporate comm team and was offered the position 1 week later./

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at mcgarrybowen.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview where the interviewer asked most of the typical questions about work experience, academic experience, why mcgarrybowen. Following the interview, I was asked to come in after 3 days for a one-on-one interview with the HR recruiter who spoke to me on the phone. The interview was very easy going, more of a get-to-know-you kind of interview. I was then asked to come in a week later to meet with the hiring manager, and several other people from the different accounts with vacancies. Interviews were the basic "tell me a bit about yourself", strengths and weaknesses, work experience etc.
    I was informed that they will get back to me the week after.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at mcgarrybowen in November 2011.

Interview

Standard questions about what your favorite ad campaigns was, explaining your resume, explaining the job and the ins and outs of the account. What is the outrageous thing is that the HR department just jerks you around - didnt tell me whether I got the job for weeks and didn't respond to my queries. To make it worse, one of the people I interviewed with, who encouraged me to ask him follow-up questions, ignored my email. After repeatedly asking if I got the job, they suggested I keep looking, still not giving a definitive no. Extremely rude.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite ad campaign?   1 Answer