mcgarrybowen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 2, 2018

2.5

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at mcgarrybowen (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Reached via Linkedin. Conducted an initial phone interview with the person leading the search and brought in to meet 3 people. Interviews went ok but a mis-match on experience needed and salary requirements

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at mcgarrybowen (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was contacted by their HR department about a position, and came to interview rather quickly. Interviewed (with planner, account director and 3 ACDs) to work on one team, but a week later was contacted about interviewing to work on a different team based on my experience level. I then came in to interview with second team (prospective copywriting partner and Creative Director). I was told by HR they were interviewing other people as well, and they'd be in touch. Last contact I had with HR was about how they haven't gotten approval to hire yet.

Interview Questions

• This is pretty standard, but still: What's your favorite ad and why?
      CD seemed very serious.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at mcgarrybowen (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

60 percent portfolio, 20 percent professionalism, and 20 percent personality. The thing you really have to pay attention to is where they plan to put you. If you push hard upfront you may be able to work for the client you want. Don't get stuck working for a client you don't love or you will hate what you do... everyday.

Interview Questions

• Informal hypothetical situational tests and detail process evaluation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at mcgarrybowen (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

A recruiter working for the Chicago office reached out to me in December of 2017. We had a quick phone interview, but the position ended up being filled relatively quickly. A different recruiter from the same agency contacted me in January of 2018 and asked if I would be interested in interviewing for another position, and I accepted. I interviewed with a CD, AD, and CW, and it was a lot of fun. Nothing too difficult. HR waited 3.5 weeks to get back to me, then asked if I could come in one more time for an interview with the CCO. It went really well, nothing too difficult there either. We barely talked about my work-- they'd all reviewed my portfolio beforehand.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite piece on your portfolio?
      What have you heard about mcgarrybowen?
      What kind of work do you enjoy doing?
      Why do you want to leave your current company?
      Tell me about a time you were challenged.
      What's your star sign?
      What do you want to talk about?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at mcgarrybowen (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Met with recruiter - then, met with one team (corporate communications focused) then met with new business supervisor (who was late and met with me for 5 minutes), then met again with corporate comm team and was offered the position 1 week later./

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at mcgarrybowen (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The standard recruiter phone call to kick things off followed by an in-person meeting with the team. It seemed like everyone was stressed out and the interview was more of a meet-and-great than anything formal. Quite easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work here? What are your ambitions in this industry? Etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at mcgarrybowen (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

First I met with the recruiter who offered me interviews on two different teams - new business and a well-established client - I went through rounds for both teams but ended up going with the client - had a one on one interview with multiple team members and finally met with the account director and was then hired.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to made a difficult decision and the expense of a team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at mcgarrybowen (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Sent in an email, got a phone call with the new business director. She didn't ask me much but just wanted to talk to me to gauge my personality. She went over the job, emphasizing the heavy hours involved in working, and at the end of the call sounded positive and said she would get back in touch with me in the next couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to go over my resume. Like I said above, no real questions   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at mcgarrybowen in October 2014.

Interview

Set up a phone call within a couple days of getting in contact with them. It was a 20 minute chat mostly about my past experiences, what I know about McGarry, challenges I had in the past etc. Would be followed by 1-3 round interviews depending on how fast they need someone. Recruiter was very nice and personable and was honest about where they are in terms of hiring needs.

Interview Questions

• What advertising campaign interested you the most recently and why?   Answer Question

Interview

I reached out to an HR recruiter and first did a phone interview. I then scheduled a visit to NYC for interviews at various companies and mentioned I would be in town. I then was scheduled for interviews on two teams and did second round and final round on both that week. I interviewed with my direct boss, then met other members on the team