mcgarrybowen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

mcgarrybowen Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at mcgarrybowen (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Sent in an email, got a phone call with the new business director. She didn't ask me much but just wanted to talk to me to gauge my personality. She went over the job, emphasizing the heavy hours involved in working, and at the end of the call sounded positive and said she would get back in touch with me in the next couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to go over my resume. Like I said above, no real questions   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at mcgarrybowen (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Had several rounds of interviews with several different client teams. Ultimately every single opportunity dematerialized at the last second because they couldn't secure the funding. Took MONTHS to hear this and had to absolutely beg for updates. Great place to interview if you don't want to be treated as a human.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at mcgarrybowen in July 2015.

Interview

I got interview because I was referred through a friend. All of the people I met with were friendly and helpful in informing about the position, and were willing to answer all of my questions.

Interview Questions

As much as I loved the people I met and the office environment, I didn't have a great interest in the advertising industry.

Copywriting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at mcgarrybowen (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Friend at agency got me in touch with internship coordinator so I could ask questions. Spoke on the phone for 30 minutes, then she arranged an in-person interview. Since the in-person was on Friday AM, there were no creatives present, just the internship coordinator. She was super nice, easygoing, and able to answer all my questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you will fare in a collaborative environment?   Answer Question

Digital Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at mcgarrybowen.

Interview

Very cool atmosphere. Great (and very hip) people. The interview process was good - very relaxed, but thorough. The HR team was very friendly and easily accessible. The Production team was also very friendly- very much 'work hard, play hard' types - you could tell they were passionate about what they were working on, which made you want to be a part of it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Their team was great to deal with and made me feel like they were working to get the best for me.

Graphic Designer Interview

Interview

I was freelancing with them and was hired shortly after. The company was growing that time I was working and was they were looking. It was easy (at the time since they were in need), it may be a bit more challenging since the company has grown a lot bigger.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at mcgarrybowen in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiter was friendly and engaging. Gave good insight into position and culture at agency. Realistic about expectations and interview process. Phone interview first and the brought in to NY office to meet team and have 1 on 1 interviews with team members. Employee referral really sped up the process and opened up doors.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at mcgarrybowen in October 2014.

Interview

Set up a phone call within a couple days of getting in contact with them. It was a 20 minute chat mostly about my past experiences, what I know about McGarry, challenges I had in the past etc. Would be followed by 1-3 round interviews depending on how fast they need someone. Recruiter was very nice and personable and was honest about where they are in terms of hiring needs.

Interview Questions

• What advertising campaign interested you the most recently and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at mcgarrybowen (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The standard recruiter phone call to kick things off followed by an in-person meeting with the team. It seemed like everyone was stressed out and the interview was more of a meet-and-great than anything formal. Quite easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work here? What are your ambitions in this industry? Etc.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at mcgarrybowen.

Interview

Phone Interview after my application online

Interview Questions

• The questions were very simple. "Tell me about yourself" and "Tell me about why you like this area of advertising"   Answer Question