Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview Questions

Mechanical engineer intern interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

You are in a boat in a pool with a rock in your hand. You throw the rock into the pool. Does the water level rise, drop, or stay the same?

7 Answers

depends on how big the pool is and how accurately you can measure the water rise

you're already in the pool with the rock, so the water displaced is the same...this other guy is stupid

If the rock were neutrally buoyant the water level would remain the same. It is heavier than water which causes it to displace more than its own volume while in the boat compared to at the bottom of the lake. Therefore the water level of the lake would go down.

If you have a refrigerator in an isolated room (no heat in or out) and left the door to the refrigerator open, what would happen to the temperature to the room? Would it go up, down or say the same?

11 Answers

We were sitting in the third floor of a 16 floor building. After asking me about my experiences with working within a group the interviewer suddenly asked me, "How many pennies would it take to stack as high as this building?"

2 Answers

If you had a ton of projects given to you that needed to be completed by the end of the week and there was no way for you to complete them all what would you do? (Was supposedly a trick question)

1 Answer

There were some challenging questions, but they were aimed to give you a chance to answer them very well. I didn't feel that any of the questions were difficult to answer and was able to give a solid response to each question.

1 Answer

No real difficult questions, just asked what I was interested in doing and a little about my past experience. (internship position, so it was relatively basic.) Asked a little about basic stress/strain curves.

1 Answer

Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult person

1 Answer

Examples of situations were ethics/safety protocol were tested?

1 Answer

Do you have experience with DO-160E or MIL-STD-816 specifications?

1 Answer

One of the projects I worked on was making a vacuum cleaner. The question asked was to explain how the fan laws worked on the vacuum's fan.

110 of 65 Interview Questions