Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

"When interviewing candidates for the role of mechanical engineer, employers look for candidates who are enthusiastic to create innovative designs, analyses, and methods of production for mechanical systems. Expect to answer engineering questions that will assess your knowledge of the field as well as your creative problem-solving abilities to turn a theoretical device into a real product. In addition, come ready to discuss examples of past projects or designs and how you would excel in a team-oriented setting."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

You put a glass of water on a record turntable and begin slowly increasing the speed. What happens first - does the glass slide off, tip over, or does the water splash out.

5 Answers

All questions were behavioral and nothing specifically difficult.

2 Answers

What is your salary expectation?

2 Answers

Nothing out of the ordinary. But I would request the interviewer to be better prepared as a mark of respect to the candidate and for the sake of the company paying your salary. Additionally, I would request the company to mention what they intend to pay in their ad. This way no one will be wasting anyone's time.

2 Answers

Explain the most innovative idea or concept that you have implemented with limited use of resources

1 Answer

1. How do you handle pressure situation 2. Do I have GD&T experience? 3. Do I have drilling tools design experience? 4. How does car motor and engine work? 5. Showed on 2D drawing of a tools and had to explain how the tool works

1 Answer

What I want to do with my life? (As my background is so varied.

1 Answer

What kind of experience do you have with SolidWorks and do you have drafted projects with you to view?

1 Answer

Questions centered around the safety expectations set by the company.

1 Answer

Why do you want to work here?

1120 of 2,022 Interview Questions