Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

"When interviewing candidates for the role of mechanical engineer, employers look for candidates who are enthusiastic to create innovative designs, analyses, and methods of production for mechanical systems. Expect to answer engineering questions that will assess your knowledge of the field as well as your creative problem-solving abilities to turn a theoretical device into a real product. In addition, come ready to discuss examples of past projects or designs and how you would excel in a team-oriented setting."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

HR asked questions about best word to describe me, what are my strengths, describe ur interests in3 words. The engineers asked me about my project experiences, technical questions related to ansys and cantilever beam deflection. They ask questions related to engg. fundamentals so study that.

1 Answer

You are a student in your dorm and you feel the intensity of the light bulb is too much, what would you do to dim it?

1 Answer

You're in a row boat, which is in a large tank filled with water. You have an anchor on board, which you throw overboard. Does the water level in the tank rise or fall?

5 Answers

What do you know about TESLA?

1 Answer

why tennis ball has fuzz.?

1 Answer

Asked me how I would determine the power needed from a pump to pump water through a closed loop system.

1 Answer

Demonstrate your knowledge of GD&T by explaining a mechanical part drawing that is given to you on the spot.

1 Answer

an introduce yourself and then directly started to as BS questions mostly about Strength of Material.

1 Answer

What do you expect working under a team of engineers?

1 Answer

What job are you interviewing for? (asked toward the end of the interview)

4150 of 2,096 Interview Questions