Medical Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Medical Assistant Interview Questions

Employers hiring medical assistants are looking for candidates with a mastery of both clerical and interpersonal skills. Expect to be quizzed on health care procedures as well as experience tending to patient needs. You may be asked to answer role-play question that will test your ability to handle difficult patients in a sympathetic and professional way. Be aware that many employers will expect candidates to be certified by the American Association of Medical Assistants.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Give me an example of an unhappy patient and how you made them happy before they left the office.

1 Answer

We had a patient who was a retired physician. He was in terrible shape. He was non compliant. He needed to check his PT/INR weekly if not more and often he would not come in for his appointments. He also had lower extremity vascular disease. One day he came in cocky as ever and I sat him down and did the tough love speech. I was very nervous, thought he would be very angry with me. Quite the opposite. Something I said must have hit home because after that he was always on time and came to all his appointments.

How would you treat a patient that suddenly fell unconscious?

1 Answer

How would you handle an upset patient coming up to the front desk and complaining?

2 Answers

What would you do if you had a problem student in your class?

2 Answers

What was most difficult work situation? What did you learn from that experience?

1 Answer

What to do in difficult situations

1 Answer

Tell me a time when you had a argument with a boss?

2 Answers

Why do I want to teach Medical Assisting? How many years experience do you have?

1 Answer

How many patients would you consider a lot?

5 Answers

Are you willing to do things beyond your job description to help the "family/business"?

110 of 1,246 Interview Questions