Medical Coder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Medical Coder

Medical Coder Interview Questions

"As a medical coder, you'll be responsible for processing patient data and recording corresponding medical codes. Employers are therefore looking for candidates who can perform repetitive clerical tasks without error. You may be asked to take a medical coding test to evaluate your ability to pay close attention to minor details and perform tasks meticulously. Your interviewer may also inquire about your experience working in different medical coding languages such as ICD-9 and ICD-10. Be aware that you must pass an exam administered by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) in order to become a professional medical coder."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How many years experience in coding and if I had any ICD-10 training?

1 Answer

15 years coding with one year ICD-10 training.

What is your method of balancing competing priorities and meeting multiple projects?

How did I handle feedback on coding projects.

1 Answer

Coding Experience, locations worked, hours desired, possible reactions to certain situations

Did you intern anywhere

1 Answer

What type of dressings do you know?

1 Answer

They wabnted to know why I wanted to join their team rather than remain self-employed.

1 Answer

Q: What would your former employers say about you if I called them up?

Why can I hire you?

1 Answer

Was I credentialed in (the year I had on my resume). What experience I had. Was I interested in a remote position.

110 of 128 Interview Questions