Medical device sales representative Interview Questions

Medical Device Sales Representatives usually have a business field bachelor's degree and significant experience in sales, preferably in pharmaceuticals or medical products. They work in developing and expanding their territory to sell medical devices and related products by establishing long-term relationships with clients through consistent and meaningful communication.

44 Medical Device Sales Representative interview questions shared by candidates

Top Medical Device Sales Representative Interview Questions & How to Answer

Here are three of the top questions asked in a medical device sales representative interview and how to answer them.

Question #1: What do you consider to be your responsibilities, starting from the moment you're assigned a new client?

How to answer: This open-ended question is designed to test your fundamental knowledge of the role of a medical device sales representative, from landing a new client through the process of making a sale. Speak to the steps required when starting from scratch with a new client.

Question #2: How would you sell a product to a potential client who currently uses a competitor?

How to answer: This open-ended question provides you with an opportunity to share how you would use communication skills to gain knowledge about the client and why they currently use a competitor. It also allows you to demonstrate your power of persuasion in moving the client into your sales by convincing them to switch over from their current representative.

Question #3: When a client cancels with little or no notice, how would you work to reorganize your schedule?

How to answer: This open-ended question allows you to demonstrate your ability to be flexible and evaluate your schedule to work the client back in when they're available. You could also speak to your ability to fill the now-open appointment space with another client in the area who may be up for an impromptu sales visit.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance|Popular|Date
DePuy Synthes
Medical Device Sales Representative was asked...September 23, 2015

Why switch careers into medical device sales?

1 Answers

My science based background and previous work experience has provided me the knowledge to be successful working as a medical device sales representative. Less

Stryker

What makes you different?

1 Answers

My work ethic, not easily discouraged, a go-getter, very competitive.

Johnson & Johnson

Tell me, no one else has been able to get the business in this territory. It is a very challenging territory. What makes me think you will somehow make the difference?

1 Answers

This is when I pulled out the teritory analysis and 30-60-90 day business plan that I put together. It worked! Less

Boston Scientific

What steps do you take to develop leads in your current position?

1 Answers

Mostly networking when I can...I find it to be more effective than cold calling.

Teleflex

What is your my current compensation?

1 Answers

(we all know that a good sales person doesn't give away their negotiating power in the first 30 seconds) Less

Abbott

2017 sales results

1 Answers

Fiscal year isn’t closed out yet. I cannot provide numbers.

Boston Scientific

Mainly situation type questions. Asked to explain your experiences in different scenarios.. Tell me a time when you had to try different techniques to close business and what did you do..?

1 Answers

Needed to grow marketshare with my doc, so I gave him a product presentation that didn't do the trick. I then scheduled a live web meeting with one of his colleagues that used our product. He evalueated the product and eventually used it on a regular basis.. Less

DePuy Synthes

Do you have any questions for this role?

1 Answers

Your answer should be yes. Ask them about how trainees/new hires will be made into a useful employee. Ask about the work life ect to show that you are interested in fully grasping what it'll be like to get this job. Otherwise they might not have trust in you, as if you will just say yes to get this or any job. If you have a general interest, you shouldn't have a problem coming up with your own. Less

Johnson & Johnson

Your previous job history does not fit the requirements for this position. This is a very tough job and their are many other highly qualified candidates.

1 Answers

Well, first of all I can tell you that I want this job more then any other candidate out there. You may be able to hire a very highly "qualified" candidate that may not be as passionate about building the business..how motivated will they really be to make things happen. I worked multiple jobs paying my way through college doing blue-collar work, so I know what hard work is. Tell me this, when you first entered this industry, didn't someone have to believe in you and know that there was something inside you that will do this job successfully? Something other then just paper saying that you meet the criteria. Manager responded by saying "yes, you are right someone did believe in me and I know the feeling." I responded by saying, and look at you now, a successful manager who is sitting here with the opportunity to give someone else with passion and qualities a chance. That went well! Less

Boston Scientific

Where do you see yourself 5 years from now..?

1 Answers

After having proven myself, I would like to have a chance to move into a leadership position. Less

Viewing 1 - 10 of 44 interview questions