Medical Laboratory Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Medical Laboratory Technician Interview Questions

"Medical lab technicians are expected to have the lab skills and chemical knowledge to collect samples, sanitize work areas, and perform lab experiments with minimal errors. When interviewing for this position, expect to be tested on your knowledge of chemistry concepts and any experience handling equipment and conducting experiments. Most employers will require you to have an associate's degree in a field related to chemistry or receive certification from a lab technician training program."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What type of instruments have you used?

3 Answers

I gave a brief explanation of the instruments I have used in the various lab settings I have worked.

Analytical balance, volumetric pipette, burette, spectrometer, bunsen burner, fume hood

You arrive to work at the start of your shift and notice work area has bodily fluids and small amounts of blood splatter; what do you do first?

1 Answer

I was asked the basic process of O&P sample from start to finish.

1 Answer

Give me one example from your past employment history where unusual events created interpersonal conflict and/or impaired customer service (i.e. patient and/or physician), including how you solved these multiple problems, and what was the final outcome.

3 Answers

Patient bodily fluid/blood specimen is received without legible identification; what do you do next?

2 Answers

Who is your customer in this particular position, provided you are accepted for the job?

1 Answer

When you receive a valve of blood in the laboratory, what is the first thing you think of?

1 Answer

How do you work under pressure?

1 Answer

What was my experience in the field?

110 of 31 Interview Questions