Medical Office Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Medical Office Assistant

Medical Office Assistant Interview Questions

Medical office assistant interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

tell them alittle about yourself

1 Answer

(THESE WERE QUESTIONS FROM THE SKILLS ASSESSMENT QUESTIONNAIRE) 1. A client comes in for a UA and during the collection process they begin to rant & rave negatively about their counselor and all of the things they don’t like about them. How would you handle this situation? 2. A client comes into the restroom to complete a UA and they become upset and refuse to remove their coat and any belongings in their pockets when you ask them to. How would you handle this situation? 3. A client is in the restroom and it’s very obvious to you as the collector that they are attempting to tamper with the test. Without knowing our policy, would you confront this person? If so, how would you confront the client? In the interview I was asked very basic questions during all three interviews although asked a few more in the in person interviews about my employment history, why I wanted to work there, what I know about Burlington Labs, what my favorite thing would be about working at Burlington Labs, etc.

How long had I worked in professional offices?

1 Answer

I was asked how long I have been a medical assistant, my qualifications , and what were my areas of expertise . Also, I was asked , and quizzed on HIPPA laws, and overall patient care. The back office medical assistant supervisor , and I did a one, on one "skit" if you will, pretending that she was the patient, and I was her medical assistant. She wanted to see how I conducted myself personally, as well as professionally.

1 Answer

Can you tell me a little bit about yourself? What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? How can you be a great asset to our company? Do you have adequate transportation?

1 Answer

Where did I see myself, career wise, in five years?

1 Answer

Why I applied for the position, my previous experience, my skills, etc...

How did you hear about us ?

1 Answer

What made you come here? Why do you want to leave where you are now? When can you start? Do you have to give a two weeks notice? Do I have a car and do you have a lot of problems with it?

1 Answer

General Interview Questions, How I would interact with patients, Strengths/Weakness etc.