Data Scientist Interview Questions in Melbourne, Australia | Glassdoor

Data Scientist Interview Questions in Melbourne, Australia

"Every business collects data, and it's the job of the data scientist to analyze, interpret, and communicate that information in a way that will help drive company decisions. In an interview, expect to answer technical questions about your ability to perform quantitative tests as well as create clear visualizations of large, complex data sets. Come ready to discuss past projects you've worked on and how you communicate data findings clearly and concisely in order to help solve business-related problems."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

I was asked to solve a Kaggle competition - one which was relevant to the Coles' line of business.

1 Answer

The challenged involved constructing a model to predict whether a customer will become a repeat purchaser. The task was time consuming since you were not given any features but had to construct them from a large set of transactions. I learned a lot from the whole process but it was disappointing that after agreeing to get the case study done within a tight time-frame I had to call them 6 weeks later to find out I wasn't successful. I asked for feedback, was told they would get back to me, but once again I have heard nothing from them.

Describe the use of some of the models in your work.

1 Answer

Describe an analytics project you’ve been involved in.

Tell me about yourself? why you want to work with us? Tell me about InfoCentric? Any problems you had on previous jobs and how did you solve it? For the exam: 3 Differences between delete and truncate - Write a PL/SQL block that prints a message depending of the result of a query - SQL query to create a copy of a table - Read code and describe the result - some basic select with like operator

What's your go to algorithm, why and how does it work.

They asked about my experience and what I did in my previous projects. Also, how to generate recommenders?

There was a test case that involved testing some data science skills.

After one hour face to face interview with couple of tech leads I was assigned a skill test to complete by the HR team. The skill test focuses on (i) SQL skill and coding (ii) data modelling skills and coding. The supplied data is their own dataset so any solutions you suggest are straightaway useful for them. The promise was once the results and code are submitted the chief scientist will do a technical assessment of the method and or results through an interview.

1 Answer

why are you interested in Foxtel? Previous experience in generating actionable insight.