Administrative Assistant Interview Questions in Memphis, TN | Glassdoor
Administrative Assistant Interview Questions in Memphis, TN

Administrative Assistant Interview Questions in Memphis, TN

Executives count on administrative assistants to keep busy schedules and company activities as clear and easy-to-navigate as possible. Expect questions about your organizational, time management, and communication skills. Many of these questions will be story-based, so come ready to explain a time when you successfully juggled multiple deadlines or were able to handle difficult customers at the front desk. Though these interviews focus primarily on soft skills, you may be asked to answer a question about your ability to use basic administrative software.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

All questions were behavioral type questions: Tell me why you left your last position Tell me a specific time you worked on a team and had favorable/non-favorable results Tell me what you liked and disliked about your last position Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond a goal Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a team Tell me how you organize your day and time Tell me about a time when you had to be creative to come up with a solution

2 Answers

Do not under estimate these questions. They do not want general answers. They want to know how you reacted in very specific situations.

Take the job as your last resort! Environment and culture are not civilized to the best standards. It's 100 years backward...!!!...so bad.

Tell me about yourself.

1 Answer

Interview process was unusual. No questions were asked, except the ones that I asked. Basically, they print off the paperwork, verify all of your information, give you a simple math aptitude test, a personality test, and tell you about a few jobs they have available.

1 Answer

What type of computer programs are you familiar with based on experience from previous years working as an administrative assistant

Tell me about yourself. What is your greatest accomplishment? What is your work experience?

1 Answer

Why was I looking for employment with a temporary service?

1 Answer

There were anything difficult or unexpected because I'm use to working in different environments.

What am I looking for in a position?

1 Answer

About my qualifications and how I would rank certain things in order of importance.

What is your previous job experience and how did that bring you here to the U of M?