Store Manager Interview Questions in Memphis, TN | Glassdoor

Store Manager Interview Questions in Memphis, TN

"When interviewing candidates for the role of store manager, employers are looking for positive leaders that can steer the team towards assisting customers, managing merchandise, and keeping the operation moving smoothly. In an interview context, be prepared to answer questions about your ability to sell a product, resolve issues, and create an enjoyable work environment with strong customer service. You should also be ready to discuss any previous experience in sales or retail."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Mostly asked about situational management and my previous experience. Questions such as how would I reign in a problem store, what processes would I employ to increase revenue and stop theft. No real unexpected questions.

1 Answer

As a 20 veteran of the C-Store industry, there were no questions that I didn't expect.

selling skills and rejection of product

1 Answer

What would 5 people all in a row say about you?

1 Answer

have you ever lied to anyone?

1 Answer

Why should we hire you over anyone else?

1 Answer

how you handled not being able to do something you had promised a customer

2 Answers

The questions are standard interview questions, stengths, weaknesses......nothing difficult

1 Answer

How many days were you sick

1 Answer

Tell me about a time you were disappointed in you own behavior professionally.

1 Answer

No dumb questions like strengths and weaknesses. Straight up grill. All the questions were situation, action, result. 1. Tell me about a time were you had a difficult conversation with someone (performance critique is the best example) 2. Tell me about a time where you had a tight deadline and multiple things to do 3. Tell me about a time where you had a short deadline (one day, as opposed to question two which could stretch out) 4. Something about reviewing profit earned and using that knowledge to branch out into new areas (tanked that question obviously) 5. Tell me about a time where you had coach someone repeatedly 6. Tell me about a time where you critiqued someone's bad performance or teamwork. 7. Tell me about a time where you had to encourage someone. 8. Tell me about a time where you had to implement a plan in which even you did not agree with. That's all I remember.

110 of 38 Interview Questions