Mental Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mental Health Interview Questions

"Working as a mental health counselor requires patience, compassion, and advanced communication skills. In an interview, expect to answer several scenario questions that will test your ability to evaluate patients accurately as well as recognize when a patient is at risk to himself or others. Make sure to showcase a calm and professional demeanor and be ready to answer questions about how you would handle a particularly stressful case. Before applying, make sure you've obtained a master's degree in counseling from an accredited institution."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What would you do if a client said they wanted to kill themselves, someone else, etc.

1 Answer

Be sure to note that if they were a risk to themselves or someone else, that you would try to de escalate any current situation, keep them with you/where u can see them while you call 911.

They asked me about the theories that I align with and what methods of counseling I am used to.

1 Answer

Had I ever been involved in an incident before? How do you think patient and staff relations can improve?

1 Answer

Interviewer asked how a Counselor should and would work with a family who doesn't respond to communication and doesn't show much interest in working with the School Counselor. Interviewer also asked how a Counselor should handle a case of suspected child abuse.

1 Answer

I was asked what my 5 year plan was, which is illegal.

2 Answers

Do you think you feel this is the right job gor you and way.

1 Answer

I was asked what I really wanted to do with my career or life.

1 Answer

What kind of supervisor do you want to work for?

1 Answer

I do not remember the exact questions asked, other than the usual "Why would you like to work here?"

1 Answer

Main boss is a straight shooter and she lets you know that right outta the box.

110 of 426 Interview Questions