Mental Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Mental Health

Mental Health Interview Questions

"Working as a mental health counselor requires patience, compassion, and advanced communication skills. In an interview, expect to answer several scenario questions that will test your ability to evaluate patients accurately as well as recognize when a patient is at risk to himself or others. Make sure to showcase a calm and professional demeanor and be ready to answer questions about how you would handle a particularly stressful case. Before applying, make sure you've obtained a master's degree in counseling from an accredited institution."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What would you do if a client said they wanted to kill themselves, someone else, etc.

2 Answers

Be sure to note that if they were a risk to themselves or someone else, that you would try to de escalate any current situation, keep them with you/where u can see them while you call 911.

Talk them down get them some help make sure nothing around so they can hurt they self

They asked me about the theories that I align with and what methods of counseling I am used to.

1 Answer

Interviewer asked how a Counselor should and would work with a family who doesn't respond to communication and doesn't show much interest in working with the School Counselor. Interviewer also asked how a Counselor should handle a case of suspected child abuse.

1 Answer

Had I ever been involved in an incident before? How do you think patient and staff relations can improve?

1 Answer

I was asked what my 5 year plan was, which is illegal.

2 Answers

simple, general experience questions

1 Answer

What was one lesson that you have learned working with clients diagnosed with serious mental illness.

1 Answer

Do you know what SRV is?

1 Answer

Do you think you feel this is the right job gor you and way.

what my weakness was