Merchandise Planner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merchandise Planner Interview Questions

Merchandise planner interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Analyze a data set.

2 Answers

How was the data presented? Excell- graphs ??

Pivot table on sheets of paper.

What would you do in this case?

1 Answer

Should have known this was coming, but I wasn't prepared: What does the Abercrombie Brand mean to you.

Why should we hire you?

1 Answer

They will ask you your impressions of the area you are interviewing for. You can not predict the behavior questions, but those are normal.

1 Answer

I have not interviewed as an external candidate with Macy's in many years. That said, I am reflecting the way it was in 2011 to move to New York. Normal run thru resume, followed by the usual behavioral focussed questions i.e. Tell me a problem you had at your last job and how you overcame it, etc. I would know the area you are interviewing for and go to a store and walk the floor. If you are interviewing for a position in buying or planning, you will be expected to speak to the strengths and weaknesses of the assortment. How was it positioned on the floor? Fixturing? Was the price competitive? Trend right? etc. Have a point of view.

1 Answer

Based on your professional experience to date, what would you tell your younger professional self for the future?

1 Answer

Are you a follower or a leader

1 Answer

What kind of advice would you give a merchant/buyer regarding product after a walk through a floorset?

1 Answer

How my previous manager would describe me.

110 of 135 Interview Questions