Merchandise Planner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merchandise Planner Interview Questions

Merchandise planner interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

What makes you the best candidate for this job?

1 Answer

I am the candidate for this job because I offer a new and fresh perspective that would afford me the opportunity to make an immediate impact to the business.

I have not interviewed as an external candidate with Macy's in many years. That said, I am reflecting the way it was in 2011 to move to New York. Normal run thru resume, followed by the usual behavioral focussed questions i.e. Tell me a problem you had at your last job and how you overcame it, etc. I would know the area you are interviewing for and go to a store and walk the floor. If you are interviewing for a position in buying or planning, you will be expected to speak to the strengths and weaknesses of the assortment. How was it positioned on the floor? Fixturing? Was the price competitive? Trend right? etc. Have a point of view.

1 Answer

They will ask you your impressions of the area you are interviewing for. You can not predict the behavior questions, but those are normal.

Strengths and weaknesses

Standard experience questions.

1 Answer

What kind of advice would you give a merchant/buyer regarding product after a walk through a floorset?

1 Answer

There seem to be no standard questions asked by the HR team nor the hiring managers. PetSmart has had a vast amount of new talent coming from various companies. That said, expect to begin with the usual: giving them an overview of your resume, etc.

1 Answer

How do you deal with stress with another co worker?

1 Answer

Are you a follower or a leader

1 Answer

Should have known this was coming, but I wasn't prepared: What does the Abercrombie Brand mean to you.

110 of 91 Interview Questions