Merchandising Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merchandising Associate Interview Questions

Merchandising associate interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The Head of the Merchandising Team asked me two questions that surprised me. Normally, I'm not stumped how to answer questions, but the first one was "Who is the designer of the shirt you are wearing?" I was taken aback and realized I know very little about clothing designers. I didn't know! Then she asked me, "Do you shop at Macy's?" And the answer at that time was no.

1 Answer

I thought my ignorance about clothing designers and my lack of shopping history at Macy's would eliminate my chance of hire, but they were looking for honesty. So I passed the test.

You are asked to role play as an experienced garden associate and the interviewer as a new guy and he needs help figuring out the differences between string trimmers (weed whackers).

1 Answer

What does Home Depot have to offer you?

1 Answer

What would you do in a situation where you felt that one person in your team wasn't pulling their own weight?

1 Answer

"How comfortable are you to approach random customers to convince them to sign up for a Bloomingdale s Credit Card.

1 Answer

Name a time were your were approciated by an angry customer who

1 Answer

What was the culture like in your last job?

1 Answer

How would you do in an environment where there wasnt a lot of training?

1 Answer

Who would you say our customers are?

1 Answer

What is your sales goal? (I really didn't understand this question at first. I asked my interviewer to repeat her question. Apparently, she was asking how much I was willing to sell in a day.)

110 of 505 Interview Questions