Metallurgist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Metallurgist

Metallurgist Interview Questions

Metallurgist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Past work experience in heat treat/manufacturing?

1 Answer

I referenced my past internship which was very helpful to relate situations and experiences that I had there.

How would you respond to the following situation: You make a suggestion to change a current process and the person you're talking to tells you it is a terrible idea and they won't do it.

1 Answer

How can you strengthen steel? How does it strengthen steel? How does that strengthen the steel?

1 Answer

Tell us what happens during precipitation hardening.

1 Answer

Given an arbitrary situation where there is a problem in the circuit, what would be the steps you would take to solve the problem?

1 Answer

all technical questions, some personality assessment questions, my background, interests, reason for seeking the position

No unexpected questions; I was asked if and how I met all the requirements listed on the job posting, e.g., Do you have experience with VBA? Do you have knowledge of basic metallurgical analyses and processes?

What are your strengths and weeknesss?

Many situational questions: Ex. How would you approach a workplace problem? Describe a time when you led your team on a project. They are also very focused on safety related questions.

110 of 25 Interview Questions