Analyst Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN | Glassdoor

Analyst Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

"Analysts work in a variety of fields to break down complex problems and find solutions. When interviewing candidates, employers are looking for applicants who have strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as an in-depth knowledge of the field. For more information on the specific questions you'll be asked, try researching a particular role such as business analyst, financial analyst, programming analyst, or data analyst."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is the probability of throwing 11 and over with 2 dices

14 Answers

1/12

If you are rolling two dice the chances of getting an 11 and OVER is 2/12= 1/6. You can roll a 6 and a 5 to equal 11 and you can roll a 6 and a 6 and get 12 which is OVER 11, therefore the answer should be 1/6.

The answer is 1/12 because there are two ways of rolling 11, rolling a 5 and a 6 or rolling a 6 and a 5 (for probability purposes there are indeed two different results). There is only 1 way to roll over 11 (two 6's). That means that out of 36 possible combinations, 3 qualify as being equal to or greater than 11, which means that the probability is 3/36, which reduces to 1/12.

The employee gave the background about the position and the all important how the position came about which one can interpret different ways. After that came the normal starting question, talk about your background. The interview questions were based on experience so not difficult to answer if one has the experience. There where agreeable Reporting 101 comments that were stated with some observances that I saw right away when I walked in the door. The questions seem to follow a guideline and to Periscopes credit without the physical papers like at other places I interviewed. A more common question from employers, what interested you about the position? Have you trained someone before in a reporting capacity? One person mostly lead the interview followed by questions from the executive and a third who chimed in once in awhile though seemed to be multitasking because he was mostly focused on the his laptop. The end was normal with any questions I have about the position/company.

2 Answers

Tell me about a time where you had to take a leadership role within a group?

2 Answers

Why are man-hole covers round?

3 Answers

What are some ways we can describe a probability density function? What's an eigenvector/eigenvalue?

3 Answers

They asked about technical experience with IAM products

1 Answer

Describe a time when you lost a customer's trust.

1 Answer

Walk us through your resume.

1 Answer

All typical behavior based.

1 Answer

Tell me about a time you had to work with a dysfunctional group.

110 of 1,166 Interview Questions