Financial Analyst Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN | Glassdoor
Financial Analyst Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

Financial Analyst Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

Interviewers will expect financial analyst candidates to be well-versed in financial markets, modeling, and analysis. Make sure you are comfortable with both micro and macroeconomics. In addition to highly technical questions, be ready to answer a few behavioral questions that will show off your communication and collaboration skills.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is the probability of throwing 11 and over with 2 dices

14 Answers

1/12

If you are rolling two dice the chances of getting an 11 and OVER is 2/12= 1/6. You can roll a 6 and a 5 to equal 11 and you can roll a 6 and a 6 and get 12 which is OVER 11, therefore the answer should be 1/6.

The answer is 1/12 because there are two ways of rolling 11, rolling a 5 and a 6 or rolling a 6 and a 5 (for probability purposes there are indeed two different results). There is only 1 way to roll over 11 (two 6's). That means that out of 36 possible combinations, 3 qualify as being equal to or greater than 11, which means that the probability is 3/36, which reduces to 1/12.

why do you want to work here

1 Answer

What's your biggest strength?

1 Answer

They asked me how comfortable I was with excel and powerpoint.

1 Answer

tell me about a time where you had a conflict with someone you were managing and it did NOT have a good outcome? What would you have done differently?

1 Answer

What is your 3 year plan? (I wasn't sure how to answer that...there is little someone can do at a new company in 3 years other than learn the business and build your network)

Basis Accounting/Finance questions

1 Answer

Tell me a time you had to address a leaders project assumptions.

Describe a time you had to work with someone whose personality was very different than yours. How did you handle it?