Operations Manager Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN | Glassdoor

Operations Manager Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

"Employers want operations managers with the leadership, managerial, and interpersonal skills to effectively manage daily operations, evaluate operational costs, and make personnel decisions. Be prepared to discuss your management style as well as your experience handling conflicts and motivating teams to meet deadlines. You should also be ready to answer operational questions such as how you would improve processes to cut costs. A bachelor's degree in management or a similar field of study is required, with a master's degree being ideal."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

He asked me two questions, they were both about how I would fix a branch with low morale and engagement.

1 Answer

I said I would interview each employee and get a feel for all the dynamics, start with the low-hanging fruit and see if the employees have any suggestions for improvement, and then manage accordingly from there. He didn't like that I wanted to ask the employees for improvement ideas because that was "my job" and he suggested I may have to "fire everyone and clean house".

Tell me about a time when your team was uncomfortable approaching another supervisor and approached you instead.

1 Answer

how would you prioritize the following matters all needing your attention

1 Answer

Tell me a little bit about yourself Do you have experience in sales

Asked me to walk through my experience listed on my resume so he could evaluate my ability to do the job I applied for. Nothing off the wall or out of the ordinary.

What is your supervisory background?

1 Answer

Why do you think you would be a great fit?

1 Answer

The questions are scripted so there is no deviation ... Describe a situation where you dealt with a stressful situation and had to make a decision with not enough information to make a decision

How would you motive your staff to meet goals and discipline them if they failed to do so? ETC.