Operations Manager Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Operations Manager

Operations Manager Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

"Employers want operations managers with the leadership, managerial, and interpersonal skills to effectively manage daily operations, evaluate operational costs, and make personnel decisions. Be prepared to discuss your management style as well as your experience handling conflicts and motivating teams to meet deadlines. You should also be ready to answer operational questions such as how you would improve processes to cut costs. A bachelor's degree in management or a similar field of study is required, with a master's degree being ideal."

Top Interview Questions

I was asked about my strengths, what I might perceive as my biggest challenge if I was accepted for the position, and for descriptions of some of my best projects.

What did you do at your previous job to bring the position to a whole new level?

Asked me to walk through my experience listed on my resume so he could evaluate my ability to do the job I applied for. Nothing off the wall or out of the ordinary.

How does this opportunity align with your goals? What do you view as opportunities and risks in joining our team? What makes you an ideal candidate for this position?

Can you tell me a little bit about yourself? Your background, both personal and work, what you like to do in your spare time, and why you are interested in this position?

Tell me about a time when you have been a leader in an organization. What did you enjoy and not enjoy?

A lot of STAR questions. Tell me about a time when you... monitored goals gathered information to make a decision executed a project plan anticipated a problem. It helps to have answers with something measurable.

How much are you currently making?

1 Answer

The questions are scripted so there is no deviation ... Describe a situation where you dealt with a stressful situation and had to make a decision with not enough information to make a decision

What is your supervisory background?

1 Answer