Sales Manager Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN | Glassdoor

Sales Manager Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

"As a sales manager, it's your job to guide your team to success by setting appropriate quotas and goals, building sales plans, establishing training programs, and and developing sales strategies. Employers are looking for candidates who are skilled negotiators, planners, and leaders. In an interview, come ready to discuss your management style and how you've closed sales in the past. Excelling in sales is all about delivering superb customer service, so be prepared to offer a sales pitch on the spot or answer a scenario question about handling tough customers."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you manage an independent contractor when he or she disagrees with the direction you are asking them to go?

2 Answers

I would listen to their argument and try and find common ground so that we could build a win/win situation that allowed us to move forward.

The company I currently work for has had employees and independent contractors. I would listen to their concerns then I would point out company policies and procedures to them even though they may be independent there are still rules. I have worked as an independent contractor in the past and each company had their own set of rules to be followed

What direct expereince do you bring to this postion?

1 Answer

What 3 things do you look for in the people you hire?

1 Answer

They asked if I would have a problem using my personal social media account to interact with potential customers.

1 Answer

tell me about a time when you turned a negative situation to positive

1 Answer

Why would you be a good fit?

1 Answer

Is family important to you

1 Answer

Coming from an unrelated industry how will you drive sales in this industry?

1 Answer

When I interviewed it was pretty simple - they hadn't taken themselves quite so seriously yet -- I'd probably never had made it thru the process now - even though I sold almost a million dollars my first year...as well as my second year. There weren't a lot of questions - just looked at my resume and I have more phone sales experience than most and ran my own inside sales company for many years..

1 Answer

Basic sales and resume background stuff, not difficult.