monogram group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

monogram group Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at monogram group

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at monogram group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I interviewed several times with the president Scott Marksman. During our interview, he brought up uncomfortable topics such as race and religion. He also told me he didn't offer any benefits whatsoever, claiming that young employees don't contribute to their 401k plans. I felt uneasy and started doing some digging into his past. I learned that he has a history of not paying his employees for months at a time.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions related to my knowledge of web design.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at monogram group (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

The interviews themselves were very positive experiences; my negative rating is due to the post-interview follow-up:

Shortly after submitting my resume, I was invited in for an interview. It was very casual, basically me and the interviewer chatting for an hour. The conversation was pretty much dominated by him explaining his vision for the company and its expansion, so I was somewhat limited as to what I was able to convey about myself, but as a whole it went okay. I was told they'd be narrowing the field and inviting people back in for second-round interviews later that week. I figured it was 50-50 that I'd get invited back.

Lo and behold, I was. An interview was set up for the same day the following week, where I met with two different people over the space of an hour. I was getting very positive reactions from both of them, and I felt the interview went very well. The interviewer who had invited me in said that she'd contact me later that week about "next steps". I was fairly certain I would receive a job offer.

The week ended without me hearing anything from them. The following Monday I sent them an email to check in and ask if they needed any more information regarding references, etc. No response.

It's now been three weeks since my second-round interview and I have still received no response from them. I consider this rude and extremely unprofessional; I don't necessarily expect a follow-up when I do a phone interview, but if I take the time to come in for an in-person interview, let alone TWO interviews, it's just common courtesy to let me know if you've decided to move forward with someone else. Additionally, I had made it extremely obvious that I was interested in working there (I dropped my salary expectation by 10% just to ensure that I'd be an especially strong candidate), so for them to simply leave me hanging is both confusing and insulting.

Interview Questions

• Pretty general questions about my background. The person who scheduled the second-round interview asked me a lot of obvious ones, such as describing the work environment and asking if I felt that would be a good fit.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at monogram group (Evanston, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview asking about work experience and what you bring to the table. Brought me in to their Evanston location and interviewed with their President & CEO. As a tandem they asked questions about background, experience, skills, and future goals.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous client experience going to help you exceed in a account executive role at Sunleaf Web?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at monogram group (Chicago, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

Was contacted after I sent an email expressing interest. Had initial phone interview to talk about position and what I'm interested in. Went in for in person interview the next week. Started the following week.

Interview Questions

• What specific area of marketing are you most interested in?   Answer Question