Scientist Interview Questions in Montreal, QC | Glassdoor

Scientist Interview Questions in Montreal, QC, Canada

"The questions you are asked in an interview for a position as a scientist will depend greatly on field of science you intend to work in. Generally, interviewers will be interested in your formal education, field of study and specialization, work, internship, and research experience, scientific writing skills, and interest in the subject matter. Expect to be asked technical questions that pertain to the knowledge needed to perform the duties of the job. While there are some positions open to scientists who possess associates' or bachelors' degrees, most jobs will require you to have at least a masters' degree with the majority requiring you to have a doctorate."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The coding interview consisted of a single problem: find how many sequences of integers sum up to a given number (e.g. if the input is 9, there are 2 sequences (2,3,4 and 4,5)).

1 Answer

I was able to provide a brute-force solution using two for loops, as well as some linear optimizations. The interviewers expected me to remember there is a closed solution formula for adding a sequence of integers (as knowing that formula it is possible to not have an inner loop in the solution).

How would your co-workers describe you?

1 Answer

Why did you apply for this job? Tell me about a time where you had a conflict with a co-worker. What is your main weakness (personality-wise, not job-wise)? Technical questions: they told me about scenarios related to data science, and asked me what I would do (those questions were tough).

What's the difference between supervised and unsupervised learning

difference between hidden markov models vs lstm in using it for text prediction

Questions about my previous experience in Deep Learning field, the entire interview was mostly about it.

HR questions, previous experience, and a bunch of pretty easy questions related to machine learning.

Quels ont été tes meilleurs accomplissements dans tes emplois précédents?

110 of 52 Interview Questions