Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions in Montreal, QC | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Senior Software Engineer

Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions in Montreal, QC, Canada

"Senior software engineers are the most experienced member of a software team and usually carry the most responsibility and authority of that team. Because of this, interviews will be designed to find candidates who have expert knowledge of the field and years of experience as a software engineer. Expect to be asked tough technical questions and to give examples of previous projects that you have worked on."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Wanted to know my experiences in software design and the ability to mentor junior and intermediate developers.

1 Answer

I spoke that with 25 years that it is impossible to work on large scale projects alone and that the trick is to find young talent developers whom are willing to listen and learn.

This goal of this exercise is to take JSON data from an external source, and to visualize it into a simple UI. You'll be using the FruitasticAPI, which is a silly service that returns random people's favorite fruits as an array. It has one method: .get(callback) which accepts a function that is called with one parameter (JSON response) when the data is ready. Do not modify FruitasticApi.jsUse any library/framework you like and add whatever files you need. Style with CSS any way you like. * Load data by calling FruitasticApi.get(). * Create a horizontal bar chart (no more than 400px wide) that shows how popular each fruit is compared to the others. This should be based on the total number of favorites for each fruit. Each row should have a label for the name of the fruit, plus its total count. There's no need to show an axis with units on it. * Underneath the bar chart, display a list of all the items in the array you got from FruitasticApi.get(). Each item should display the person's name and favorite fruit. * Each bar chart should be click-able. when clicked, visually highlight the row and use console.log to output 'Fruit selected: {fruitname}, {fruitnameTotal}' * Do not cause a browser refresh, or navigate to another html page. ##Stretch goals! (optional): - When a bar chart row is clicked, the list should be filtered to only display the people that chose that fruit as their favorite. - Create an animation where the bars grow to their correct width when the data is loaded. - Stack each bar from top to bottom in order of most popular to least popular. - Each bar is a different color.

1 Answer

Programming language questions are always the toughest to me as not only languages are evaluated (easy) but now frameworks are also deeply evaluated (tougher for me). That being said, I think the right lighter weight was assigned to these knowing that one can catch-up if the language basis is strong. I was also asked to produce a PowerPoint to present and gave it 2-3 days to prepare it and feel good about the quality of what I have produced. The hiring manager was presented the PowerPoint and we interacted on that basis during a complete hour.

1 Answer

Write a program to find all the words from an input block of letters. The program should output a list of valid words in an output file : words.txt. Words can be found in any direction, i.e. left to right, top to bottom, right to left, bottom to top, diagonal, reverse diagonal etc. Sample Input TAMHAT AIRQDR MONCRT EDRTCR Sample Output (words.txt) MAT HAT AIR TAME TINT Take into consideration how the algorithm will perform for large input blocks and number of recognized words. Instructions 1. No Questions to be asked 2. Assume where necessary. Document and supply your assumptions along with the submission. 3. Submit your program code in a zipped format 4. Code submitted should work in Java 6 5. If you reference any external jars, provide a maven build to download the necessary dependencies and compile the project. 6. Document your submission. Extent of your documentation is your choice. At the minimum, instructions to run the program must be supplied 7. How you package the code and present it for our review is left to your choice.

what is your strength and weakness

1 Answer

Read a flow chart, describe the process

Java, strings, arrays, linked list, Hashmap, project details. Clock problems