mophie Product Category Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

mophie Product Category Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at mophie

1 Interview Review

Product Category Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at mophie.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. First interview was over the phone with the HR recruiting manager. From there I was brought in for an in-person interview. It was consisted of 3 back-to-back panel style interviews, that each lasted between 30 minutes and an hour.

First interview was with 4 people, engineering director, senior product category manager, an HR manager, and the hiring manager. I felt very comfortable during the interview and not out numbered. Questions were typical, about my employment history, plenty of opportunity to ask them all questions to get a sense of the company, the hiring manager, expected level of knowledge/ability, the role, etc.

The second interview was with the CEO/Founder and hiring manager. The 15 minutes with him turned into 45. He's a very nice man, with a clear passion for his company, it's products, and a large vision of where to take it. It was a fun conversation.

The final interview was with another product category manager and an engineer. They asked me more technical questions, that tested my technical knowledge of the category. Nothing was overly technical and they didn't ask me any weird "why is a manhole cover round?" type questions.

All-in-all, while it was a long set of interviews. I think I consumed 2-3 bottles of water, but I came away feeling like I had a great time talking with interesting people.

Interview Questions

• When asked about a testing process, I had a little debate about a new testing process with the engineer. He was certain it didn't work a certain way and I knew it did.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was typical. A few rounds until we reached agreeable terms. Make sure all terms and promises are written in the offer letter (just good general practice in the negotiation process).