mophie Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at mophie (Tustin, CA).

Interview

A recruiter recommended this position to me. First round was a 20 - 30 minutes phone interview. Then I went to on-site interview a week after that. Their office in first floor is a big and open room, with two lines of desks without cubicle walls.
The interview was three rounds, with 2 people in each round. Each round was 45 minutes. I was asked about my resume in every round, and repeated my background for three times. The first two rounds were fine, friendly and pretty "normal".
The "abnormal" one was the last round. One interviewer talked to me in a challenging tone since the beginning. He asked what I did in my last internship. The internship I did before was not one big project but many trivial things, so I looked at my resume to answer him. He suddenly interrupted me by grabbing away my resume, and said: "Look at us and tell us." Then he asked me to give a few examples. I could not remember because what I did are many repetitive trivial things like modifying hundreds of auto tests or fixing many simple grammar bugs, which I already told him for his first question, and I quit there long time ago. He said in an angry tone:"How come you do not know!" I remembered one method to explain them later, but I do not think they understand. He was still not satisfied. I said the system made by my internship company is big. He doubted it right away and said it is small, just based on imagination even though he never worked there before. I said it is hard to understand at the beginning. He YELLED to me: "I have a friend who works there. He is in charge of a whole category!" I explained that other coworkers also said that it is hard to understand at beginning, and he can ask his friend. This is quite insulting. I was just telling the truth. This interviewer had rude manners, full of arrogance, and frustrations. In the end, they asked me two technical questions. I was trying to explain my thinking, but he said in a frustrated tone: "Don't talk, just write it down!"
Another thing is, almost each time after I answered, he laughed scornfully right away. He laughed for more than ten times, as if saying that how stupid my answer is, or I am lying. Because of the way he talked and behaved the whole time, I felt frustrated. So I talked faster unintentionally,but still in a calm tone, because I just wanted it to be over soon. So this made him more dissatisfied. After I explained an algorithm, he asked if I can write the code. I said that I can, but I need more time. Again, he gave me a loud scornful laugh. So when a candidate is confident, they only think it to be lying and deride it publicly.
This two and a half hours interview was absolutely a disaster experience. It is like a police interrogation, instead of an interview.
Maybe he is expecting a candidate with strong technical skills, but that does not mean he can insult the candidate as he wants. He needs to know the BASIC manners of being RESPECTIVE, NO MATTER a candidate is qualified or not. Besides, the low salary they offered does not match their expectations. If you want to be treated by a manager like this, try here. Read the 8 one-star reviews out of 22, you will find out that this unusual bad manner doesn't happen only once here. Mophie doesn't have the culture of treating people with basic respect.

Interview Questions

• How come you don't know! - They talk to interviewees with an angry tone and keep laughing scornfully publicly.   Answer Question