Mortgage Loan Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview Questions

"When interviewing for a position as a mortgage loan officer, the interviewer will want to assess your communication and decision making skills as well as your knowledge of mortgage and loan policies. Your employer will expect you to be an expert on the requirements for various mortgage loans and have the ability to recommend loans to customers. You may be asked about your lead following strategies, sales techniques, and experience with various loan types. Expect to be given scenarios where you must recommend different loans to customers with varying financial histories."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How would you bring in the business when the market is dry?

What are three skills you would say a good salesman should have?

how do you sell?

Salary expected

1 Answer

Why did you leave your former company in such a short time?

1 Answer

Posed by me: how many leads per month is the bank providing to each new loan officer?

1 Answer

The most difficult or unexpected question was why I was laid off after 20 years. May it was because I was the last one on the team I was working or some other reason. Nonetheless, I decided to go back to school to get my CPC (Certified Professional Coding) certification and am in the process of taking my exam on February 22, 2014. This is my second time. I am unemployed; however, once I do get my certification, and with a Bachelors in Mathematics. I hope to land a job by the end of March, 2014.

none were difficult