Mortgage loan officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mortgage loan officer Interview Questions

"When interviewing for a position as a mortgage loan officer, the interviewer will want to assess your communication and decision making skills as well as your knowledge of mortgage and loan policies. Your employer will expect you to be an expert on the requirements for various mortgage loans and have the ability to recommend loans to customers. You may be asked about your lead following strategies, sales techniques, and experience with various loan types. Expect to be given scenarios where you must recommend different loans to customers with varying financial histories."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you bring in the business when the market is dry?

2 Answers

I will not give off, If the market is dry, I alway still have market to work with. I have to work extra miles to find what can profits to my existing clients and find the new leads. Key, I have to know my products and like what I perform and good function to all of my clients even my goal to make Money he he ......

Why do you want to work for Bank of America

2 Answers

I didn't get a chance to answer any of the questions. The interviewer didn't offer allow the questions to be answered. They were more rhetorical. I sent a thank you letter and elaborated on my skills and questions I didn't get an opportunity to answer. I followed up with a call and still no answer. This was after I was told that I would hear back

1 Answer

There weren't really many questions, as much as it was clear that she had to find lenders to staff the new location she was put in charge of opening up. She even admitted to interviewing people with zero mortgage experience, telling them to go work for another local competitor (whose name I am intentionally omitting) in order to get the generous sign-on bonus and get the needed training/experience that she wanted them to have, and then said they should leave that employer to come work for her. Seemed like a really dishonest way to do business, and I personally have no interest in working for someone who displays such low work ethics.

Salary expected

1 Answer

Just basic questions about experience, personality, and goals.

1 Answer

How much experience i have in customer service

Was I lucky?

1 Answer

Why do you want to work as a loan officer

110 of 291 Interview Questions