Music Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Music Teacher Interview Questions

Music teacher interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Asking you to lead the group in a song, easy for some, hard for others.

1 Answer

would you say it is important to have a "nice tuned" voice to sing?

The most difficult question was how I would calm students down when I had classes right after lunch, recess, etc. I had never been asked that before, so I had to think quickly for a good answer.

1 Answer

Are you open to getting a PE authorization?

1 Answer

I want to be able to get the opportnity to share my nuerous years of Music Teaching experiences with ALL my students in any given time/

1 Answer

This school is set up in teams (6red, 6blue, etc). What is your experience with this?

1 Answer

How do you create classroom culture? This is the type of question in which the administration is trying to ascertain that yu can handle a classroom of up to 34 Oakland children. The are trying to find out how you handle classroom expectations and protocols. This is a difficult thing to answer because even though you may say all the right things, the administration knows what you can really expect and does not willfully inform you of the realities a prep teacher will face. The questions keep coming about 'culturally appropriate' teaching and lowering your expectations, while at the same time they are trying to sell you and taking the job because they are desperate and there are not too many competent prospects.

1 Answer

A customer wants to know why her children always get sick after coming here. How do you respond?

1 Answer

No one showed up for the interview.

1 Answer

They asked about experience and wanted to know how I ran my previous classrooms and how I designed music curriculum in the past

1 Answer

How do I know that you're not going to quit in December?

110 of 41 Interview Questions