Music teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Music teacher Interview Questions

music teacher interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you create classroom culture? This is the type of question in which the administration is trying to ascertain that yu can handle a classroom of up to 34 Oakland children. The are trying to find out how you handle classroom expectations and protocols. This is a difficult thing to answer because even though you may say all the right things, the administration knows what you can really expect and does not willfully inform you of the realities a prep teacher will face. The questions keep coming about 'culturally appropriate' teaching and lowering your expectations, while at the same time they are trying to sell you and taking the job because they are desperate and there are not too many competent prospects.

4 Answers

The overall experience of the interview was very positive. The hopes are high and the expectations go through the roof of what you want to establish and create. Sadly, there is very little comradery amongst the fellow teachers and no one is trying to give you a 'heads-up' about what to expect during the school year from both the students and the administration. In the interview, a rosy picture is presented and all the bases seem to be covered, so it feels like all is well. After about 2 weeks of teaching the reality of the chaos of OUSD is revealed and everyone just hunkers down and goes into survival mode. The teachers divide into alliances vs. the administration and as a prep teacher, you fit into no group. It is very lonely and dangerous.

I start by creating a class rules that are based on mutual respect. I also have lesson plans where students learn about different cultures and if there is someone of a different culture in the class I may have them show us something about their culture for example an Arabic student writing the Arabic alphabet.

My first step is to create class rules based on respect. This means that I'll create a class that welcomes diversity by having lessons and activities that teach about different cultures.

What are the most important components of a lesson plan.

1 Answer

Asking you to lead the group in a song, easy for some, hard for others.

1 Answer

What is your teaching experience?

1 Answer

How long have you been teaching.

1 Answer

They asked me what I studied in college although I have a Doctorate degree and were very disrespectful.

1 Answer

They asked about experience and wanted to know how I ran my previous classrooms and how I designed music curriculum in the past

1 Answer

A lot of how would you response to different scenarios.

Why is the sky blue?

1 Answer

How long have you been playing the piano?

110 of 55 Interview Questions