Music Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Music Teacher Interview Questions

Music teacher interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Are you open to getting a PE authorization?

If need be, yes.

Asking you to lead the group in a song, easy for some, hard for others.

1 Answer

This school is set up in teams (6red, 6blue, etc). What is your experience with this?

1 Answer

The most difficult question was how I would calm students down when I had classes right after lunch, recess, etc. I had never been asked that before, so I had to think quickly for a good answer.

1 Answer

I want to be able to get the opportnity to share my nuerous years of Music Teaching experiences with ALL my students in any given time/

1 Answer

How would you handle insecure, new mothers that compare their child's developmental progress (or seemingly lack thereof) to others?

She gave a lot of unclear instruction. Her questions were a little vague and uninspired and I felt like I was pulling more than my fair load in the interview. It seemed like she didn't put much thought into any aspect of the interview.

What is your teaching philosophy? How many years teaching experience did you have?

Asked me to create a quick demo for a classroom scenario using class props and actions "up/down" "left/right" "loud/quiet" etc.

I was asked to bring in a sample lesson plan and basically go through it with the interviewer. I was also asked to play a couple of songs on the guitar and piano so that the interviewer could get a sense of what level I would be able to teach at.

110 of 44 Interview Questions