Nanny Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nanny Interview Questions

Parents count on nannies to be responsible guardians for their children. Nanny recruiting companies look for trustworthy candidates with clean records and lots of childcare experience. Be prepared to talk about how you dealt with tough child care situations in the past and how you would adapt to a particular family's needs. In these interviews, honesty and authenticity are the most attractive qualities to employers.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How long have you been working in childcare? What type of activities are you interested in? Are you CPR certified? Do you have any traffic violations or car accidents on your record?

3 Answers

Tell the truth and everything should be fine.

3 years, I am interested in helping children,

I have been nannying for the past 4 years and am very comfortable with children. I love spending time outdoors and have a clean record.

What would you do with the kids on a rainy day?

1 Answer

I was asked why I was interested in the position and what skills did I possess that would make me a good candidate to fulfill their family's needs.

2 Answers

Nothing unexpected or difficult to answer.

1 Answer

Give an example of a difficulty you had with a child and how you resolved it.

1 Answer

Give us a time when you had to discipline a child. What types of activities would you have with children of different ages?

What experience do you have in this field, if any?

Do you have any pending traffic or other charges on your record?

1 Answer

How far are you willing to drive for a job and what hours can you work?

110 of 48 Interview Questions