Nanny Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nanny Interview Questions

Parents count on nannies to be responsible guardians for their children. Nanny recruiting companies look for trustworthy candidates with clean records and lots of childcare experience. Be prepared to talk about how you dealt with tough child care situations in the past and how you would adapt to a particular family's needs. In these interviews, honesty and authenticity are the most attractive qualities to employers.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How long have you been working in childcare? What type of activities are you interested in? Are you CPR certified? Do you have any traffic violations or car accidents on your record?

3 Answers

Tell the truth and everything should be fine.

3 years, I am interested in helping children,

I have been nannying for the past 4 years and am very comfortable with children. I love spending time outdoors and have a clean record.

What would you do with the kids on a rainy day?

1 Answer

I was asked why I was interested in the position and what skills did I possess that would make me a good candidate to fulfill their family's needs.

2 Answers

Give an example of a difficulty you had with a child and how you resolved it.

1 Answer

Nothing unexpected or difficult to answer.

1 Answer

How many years of experience do you have?

1 Answer

How would you behave if a child was acting irate?

1 Answer

She asked me what age group I prefer to work with. She asked me if I had any allergies or fears when it came to animals. Oh and She asked me the most challenging part about dealing with kids, say, at my last job.

1 Answer

What would you do in the event of an emergency?

110 of 80 Interview Questions