Product Manager Interview Questions in Nashville, TN | Glassdoor

Product Manager Interview Questions in Nashville, TN

Often considered the "CEO" of their product area, product managers oversee the strategy, production, and implementation of a particular product. Because product management teams include members from different backgrounds such as engineering, design, and data design, product managers must have strong communication skills and excel in cross-functional work environments. Expect to answer questions about your management abilities, prioritization skills, and experience working in product. Though not required, technical backgrounds are advantageous particularly when applying for roles at tech companies.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you learn what problems need to be solved within the software? If there are 100 produce stakeholders, how do you learn what features to put in the roadmap?

Have you had to balance multiple projects and competing responsibilities?

How would you handle the planning/scheduling and communication of conflicting priorities that need to be developed within a set timeframe?

In your current line of work, who are your customers? Tell me how you provide extraordinary customer service to your customers--something that sets you apart from others?

What type of skills do you think we need in the person that fills this position?

1 Answer

Most were questions about my background as it pertained to the position at hand. For example, what systems was I used to working with, what were my day to day activities in various previous positions etc. I don't recall there being many "describe a time when you were faced with a challenge and what you did to overcome it" type questions however I did get the strangest question I was ever asked in ANY interview. The person who was to be my manager (I would have 5 different ones in the first year alone) asked "If you find yourself not working for UBS in a year's time, why do you think that would be?" I told him I had no idea how to answer that question. In the end, I think what he was saying, in a subtle way is that the company was given abrupt layoffs of IT staff. Given his good nature, I believe he was trying to issue a warning. I wish I had heeded his advice.

Evaluate the current pros and cons of Eventbrite’s current business model.

Pick one different business model (non-ticketing transaction fees) that you think has the biggest opportunity to increase ticketing volume and revenue for Eventbrite. Explain why you chose this business model and evaluate its pros and cons.

How would you go about testing this business model? Explain your product development approach and how you would measure success.

A time when you used a lot of data in a short period of time.