Network administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for network administrator

Network administrator Interview Questions

network administrator interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

There are two directly-connected switches. Assume that they communicate fine on the physical layer. Why can't two hosts with assigned addresses 192.168.100.5/30 and 192.168.100.50/30 communicate with each other? Also assume that network addresses can be used. How would you remedy this by swapping out only ONE of the devices on the network?

4 Answers

The hosts are on two different subnets. Replace one of the switches with a properly-configured router.

the host which assign 192.168.100.5/30 and host 192.168.100.50/30 these subnet is not belong to same subnet

Hypothetically: First, I would clarify if they wanted to switch out one of the switches or simply change the I{ address of one of the hosts to make it part of the same network. If it were the hosts, then the switches don't matter. Second, I would ask if it is important for the switches to have an IP address in addition to the host. If this was the case, then it would fail because you would not have enough addresses available in either subnet to accommodate 4 devices. If it were simply device to device, you wouldn't have to remove anything, just assign a new IP address to one of the hosts as well as update it's default gateway and any relevant DNS entry in the IP configuration screen.

What is a switch and what is a router.

2 Answers

How to troubleshoot network issues.

2 Answers

You have four situations - who do you help first: 1) The CEO who can't get into his e-mail 2) An unpleasant employee who cannot login to their computer 3) Your friend who can't print a document 4) An internet router that is down No further information will be given.

2 Answers

Did you ever work with Windows 2016 server?

2 Answers

How do you configure a static route on a Cisco iOS device?

3 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Why are you leaving your current job?

2 Answers

When would I be available for work?

1 Answer

Bring are processing fees for BCI and State of Ohio check back to Human Resources as soon as possible.

1 Answer