Network Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Network Software Engineer Interview Questions

Network software engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Can you draw the HW block diagram of your latest project and explain ?

1 Answer

It is very difficult to answer this question fully and show your technical competence, because, due to proprietary information, we try to generalize and explain the diagram as CPU, memory, low speed bus, high speed bus, interfaces, etc, which makes it more difficult to explain something.

I was asked about some non-trivial design questions about a software app that I had developed in grad school. Also, there was a question about designing the interface for storing the number of bytes in a file from an online application, and also reading it by another application.

Walk though your project

1 Answer

Explain how to efficiently sort through data on a slow medium.

Nothing, just brush up the topics asked during the phone interview/campus meet. Youl'd just be quizzed on that on-site.

Would I work at Roblox given what I now know about their process? No, I would not. If the interview testing methodology reflects the company then this is not a place I would choose to work.

The coding test consisted of two questions. I had one hour to complete each. I did not complete the first one in an hour. I think it is possible to complete it in an hour if you don't have to look up methods and arguments on the internet and if you complete the code in the first 1/2 hour to 45 minutes and debug/polish in the next fifteen minutes. My solution, in my IDE was 150 lines long, including comments and white space. if you omit these you can save some time, but since I do not know if Roblox sees the code I did not know if I would be judged on style and documentation. The directions were silent on this manner and I assumed they would see it and I would be judged. The second problem was not well worded. There were many details that were glossed over. The description was terse and incomplete. If I had the same problem in a face-to-face interview I would have spent the first fifteen minutes discussing the boundaries and edge cases of the problem. Given it was an online test, I did not have that opportunity. Instead, I got to work and resolved to use the testing environment to answer my questions by printing the output from the runs. The testing framework only says if your code passed or failed each test. Each test has a cryptic label. You do not see the input or output. In effect, you are shooting in the dark. You cannot debug your code using the input to gauge the missing spaces in the problem specification. You cannot even use it to see what the inputs are so you can debug the code in your IDE. After my first run, I stopped working on the problem. The test framework advised me to 'develop more careful tests'. All well and good if I knew what conditions to test. I suppose I simply could have looked up the problem on the internet, but that did not seem honest. If you take the same test, I recommend doing just that. You will be under significant time constraints to solve the problems.

What are the 7 layers of the OSI model? What is layer does a switch belong to in the OSI model? What is layer does a router belong to in the OSI model? What is the difference between single mode fiber and multi mode fiber?

110 of 14 Interview Questions