Network Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Network Technician Interview Questions

Network technician interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Technical assessment was comprised of "Here's a home wireless router and here's a computer in the network. How does the router know which computer has which IP address?"

2 Answers

My answer was "By MAC address". They asked, "OK and how does the router store that information." I had no idea so I said, "In a table somewhere." They said it was ok that I didn't know, but that if I was chosen I would certainly learn the answer to that and a lot more very quickly.

The router knows which computer has certain IP address by its MAC address as you said and this is done using ARP. ARP is a layer 2 protocol used in identifying the mac address of a device from its ip address.

What level of the osi model is the ping command in.

How many subnets in the subnet mask /17

1 Answer

What was one occasion in which someone made you mad? .... What are your greatest strengths? ... Do you own some tools?

1 Answer

How would you troubleshoot a radio?

1 Answer

Why does a switch need an ip?

1 Answer

How would you handle it if the patient died while performing your duty - not as a cause of what you did, just as an event of the situation?

1 Answer

What do you do if things go wrong with an install, after the window of three hours was expired.

1 Answer

What's the technical term for 4-pin and 8-pin connector?

2 Answers

I don't remember any interview questions, but I was using a new Voice over IP line, which had an (unknown to me at the time, but nevertheless "known issue") with my home router, so the call kept disconnecting (after 3 minutes).

110 of 133 Interview Questions