Analyst Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Analyst Interview Questions in New York, NY

"Analysts work in a variety of fields to break down complex problems and find solutions. When interviewing candidates, employers are looking for applicants who have strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as an in-depth knowledge of the field. For more information on the specific questions you'll be asked, try researching a particular role such as business analyst, financial analyst, programming analyst, or data analyst."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What's the best unbiased estimator for a series random variables?

3 Answers

I guess it is just a Gaussian distribution (Normal dist.). Since it has the smallest uncertainty (from quantum point of view) or variance.

I guess it is just a Gaussian distribution (Normal dist.), since it has the smallest uncertainty (from quantum point of view) or variance.

It is the OLS estimator (with Gauss-Markov approximations and normality), by Fisher's theorem on Maximum Likelihood Estimators.

3. Stock A has a volatility of 20%, B has a volatility of 30%, and their correlation coefficient is 50%. They have the same expect returns. Suppose we can buy x share of A, and 1-x share of B. Then what the x should be for us to invest to make our portfolio has the minimum volatility?

1 Answer

Do you keep up with markets?

1 Answer

What are the methods of valuing a company?

1 Answer

Tell me about a time when you were working in a team and your opinion was challenged.

1 Answer

You have 2 decks of cards (each deck contains both red and black cards). One deck has twice the number of cards in the other deck with the same color ration (so one deck has 52 cards and the other has 104, both half red and half black). I offer you to play a game. First you get to chose which deck of cards you want to play with. Second, you draw 2 cards at random from your deck of choice. If both are red, then I will give you a ferarri. Which deck of cards would you chose?

11 Answers

how many times the hour and minute hands of the clock form right angle during one day?

10 Answers

What are 5 uncommon uses of a brick, not including building, layering, or a paper-weight?

7 Answers

Why

6 Answers

What is your biggest weakness.

6 Answers