Account executive Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

account executive Interviews

Find jobs for account executive

Account executive Interview Questions in New York City, NY

"When hiring account executives, employers are looking for candidates with the communication and sales skills to find and acquire new clients. In an interview, be ready to discuss your experience sourcing new business opportunities, familiarity with sales strategies, and ability to close deals with clients."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Do you have your written 60 day outline?

3 Answers

I was told it did not need to be written

I was invited back for a third interview and received my offer Friday. I hope you hear from them and good luck!

I was invited back for a third interview, but my final interview was with three girls who were barely 21, if that, and obviously knew nothing about sales. My other two interviews went great. My "recruiter" texted me between interviews 2 & 3 and said that it was exciting I made it to 3 and would call me the next day to let me know how I did. When I didn't hear back I sent an inquiry text, and was texted back, "they won't be moving forward." Whatever that means. I never heard from them again. VERY unprofessional. Eventually I made some calls to confirm that I did not get the job, but no letter, no response back from the recruiter,nothing.

I had a skype interview after my initial phone interview. The hiring managers were only interested on how I got paid at my current job and not interested in what I did for the last 15 years. It was very unprofessional. At the end of the skype interview, they mentioned the job was selling construction sites!!!!! I was totally shocked and misled.

3 Answers

Are you okay with frequent travel?

2 Answers

On a questionnaire they had us fill out just prior to the final interview was the question "Do you want to work here?" with checkboxes for "yes and "no".

2 Answers

Tell me about a time when your attention to detail made a difference in your work.

2 Answers

What were previous accounts I had worked on.

2 Answers

They did not ask anything truly in depth as it is my belief that it didn't matter to them as they were not going to follow through on their promises anyway.

2 Answers

What's the most important part of sales?

2 Answers

They dug into my past experience to see if it was a good fit for the role. Standard procedure. Then they also told me a little about the account so that I was given context into how I might put myself forward as a good candidate for the work.

Tell me about yourself?