Account Executive Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Account Executive Interview Questions in New York City, NY

"When hiring account executives, employers are looking for candidates with the communication and sales skills to find and acquire new clients. In an interview, be ready to discuss your experience sourcing new business opportunities, familiarity with sales strategies, and ability to close deals with clients."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Can you tell me exactly what you think public relations is?

1 Answer

Because I was not used to a sales position, there was a lot of information to be absorbed. I was asked a couple questions that were mentioned earlier in the day. It took me some time to get used to the pace of the interview.

1 Answer

How do you increase sales for an existing customer?

1 Answer

How many calls will you make on average sales day.

1 Answer

Really general questions. Describe a challenge you've overcome, etc. It was a very easy interview and despite being over qualified I never got any feedback or response. We discussed two roles as Assistant AE role and a regular AE role. She said she was going to share the notes with the hiring manager and would be in touch. I just reached out a month later and got a note back from her today that read verbatim "Thanks so much for reaching back out; I apologize I did not get back to you earlier. We actually filled this spot with an internal candidate so the position is now closed. I will keep your resume on file for future positions with TPN!"

1 Answer

They asked me questions based on my experience from my resume. It was more of a conversation than an interview which was amazing.

1 Answer

Tell me about a time when you found yourself competitive.

1 Answer

None. All straight-forward.. 1) What makes a good sales exec? 2) Who is adroll and who do we compete with? 3) How have you been successful in your previous roles? 4) What do you like to do outside of work. Was BARELY asked about AdRoll as a company.

1 Answer

What are your goals, where do you see your self in a few years. Why AT&T?

1 Answer

It wasn't so much "what" they asked. It was "how" they asked. They had an attitude from the minute they walked into the room. One of the questions I asked them was "what kind of training do you have to get employees ramped up to speed?"