Business Analyst Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor
Business Analyst Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Business Analyst Interview Questions in New York City, NY

When interviewing a candidate for a business analyst role, employers are looking to assess your analytical problem-solving skills as well as your communication and collaboration skills. Be prepared to analyze a business case study and answer behavioral questions that often test your ability to handle challenging stakeholders or tight deadlines. Business analysts must also be creative thinkers, so expect to tackle a few unusual brainteasers that are designed to see how well you can think through a complex problem.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

A glass bottle full of liquid weighs 100 ounces. If you remove half the liquid, the bottle now weighs 60 ounces. How much does the bottle weigh with nothing in it?

5 Answers

0.5x + y = 60 x + y = 100 y = 20 is the weight of the bottle x is fluid weight

What's 29x29

3 Answers

If roll a fair dice, what's the expect value of the dice

2 Answers

I see your background thus far has been engaged in consulting projects, why did you undertake so many and why do you now want a permanent role? (in my case I had undertaken three temp or project-based assignments before deciding to focus on procuring a full-time permanent role)

1 Answer

Why do you want to work for this company or in this specific role

1 Answer

I was asked what my favorite dinosaur was.

1 Answer

What have you been doing after being laid off?

1 Answer

A mobile phone company with coverage over three states wants to upgrade it's Customer Relationship Management system. How should it go about this?

1 Answer

Nothing was difficult. Advice: if you are faced with a difficult question, be honest and say that it is an interesting questions and you will answer it to the best of your ability.

1 Answer

Asked general questions on background and relevancy to the position.

3 Answers