Cashier Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Cashier Interview Questions in New York City, NY

"Employers are looking to hire cashiers with great customer service skills and experience handling cash. In preparation for an interview, come ready to answer role-play questions that will assess your ability to appease difficult customers under stressful circumstances. Make sure to showcase a positive and easy-to-work-with attitude that will convince your interviewer you're right for the job."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you handle a rude customer

3 Answers

not raise my voice, stay calm

Be courteous and professional, smile and acknowledge his/hers concerns and try to resolve the issue.

resolve the problem in the good way gently

How would you handle a situation in which a customer was acting suspiciously?

4 Answers

We dont have aisle numbers in the store. How would you direct a customer who asks where an item is.

5 Answers

I wasn't expecting to come across questions regarding my strengths and weaknesses related to my position. Although I was considering researching about the company before going in for the interview, I decided it would be unnecessary, and I was wrong.

2 Answers

how often are you avalible to work, when can you start ?

4 Answers

basic customer service questions about previous work experiences

1 Answer

The questions were easy. Why do you want to work at sears? explain your responsibilities at your previous job. what does customer service mean to you? Tell a time when you had to sell a product/service. What was the outcome?

2 Answers

What is the most important thing for a business?

2 Answers

If someone claimed they gave you twenty dollars, not ten, what would you do?

1 Answer

something like why do i want to be part of mcdonalds team?

3 Answers