Financial Analyst Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor
Financial Analyst Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Financial Analyst Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Interviewers will expect financial analyst candidates to be well-versed in financial markets, modeling, and analysis. Make sure you are comfortable with both micro and macroeconomics. In addition to highly technical questions, be ready to answer a few behavioral questions that will show off your communication and collaboration skills.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

3. Stock A has a volatility of 20%, B has a volatility of 30%, and their correlation coefficient is 50%. They have the same expect returns. Suppose we can buy x share of A, and 1-x share of B. Then what the x should be for us to invest to make our portfolio has the minimum volatility?

1 Answer

The vols add in quadrature, with the caveat that the interference term has the correlation factor in there. So: sig(port)^2 = x^2*sig(A)^2+(1-x)^2*sig(B)^2+2*x*(1-x)*sig(A)*sig(B)*rho(AB) Take the partial with respect to x and set that equal to zero. Solve for x and get: x = 6/7

Tell me about a time when you were working in a team and your opinion was challenged.

1 Answer

You are to write a method getMissingLetters, which takes a String, sentence, and returns all the letters it is missing (which prevent it from being a pangram)

9 Answers

You are not from a target school, what are you doing here?

5 Answers

what is the annge between hour and minute hand when it is 3:15?

3 Answers

If you were an object, what would you be?

3 Answers

You have a Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and a Cash Flow statement. If you could choose two out of the three statements, which two would you choose and why?

5 Answers

what is the relationship of treasuries and bonds...

2 Answers

why is beta important and where do you apply it...

2 Answers

how vol influence option price?