IT Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

IT Interview Questions in New York City, NY

IT professionals build, design, and maintain the systems that handle storing, sending, and retrieving information. Employers are looking for individuals who are able to systematically solve the tough and unusual problems that arise in the field. Expect to be asked many hypothetical questions that will assess your thought process when dealing with complex problems.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How many unique handshakes if each person in a group of 10 give handshakes out to each and every other individual. (a) 100 (b) 50 (c) 45 (d) 20 (e) 10

4 Answers

45. Imagine it as a polygon of side 10. Or draw out triangle, square, pentagon, and see the pattern yourself, if you don't know the algorithm.

true, or 9+8+7+...+2+1

Or just do: (10 Combination 2) = 10!/(2!8!) = 45

25 horses in a race. 5 horses can run as a group. what's the minimum # of runs required to find the fastest horse.

2 Answers

What do you consider while starting a project

Why should I hire you?

5 Answers

None. HR could not answer ONE question.

3 Answers

What would be your ideal job/position if you could freely choose?

2 Answers

The interviewer asked me a very pointed question about one of my past experiences listed on my resume. It had been a while since I'd thought about this particular line item, so I struggled to give specific details when relating my answer. Make sure you thoroughly review your resume before going into the interview - this is where many of the behavioral-based questions will come from!

2 Answers

What is polymorphism? What is the difference of dynamic and static polymorphism?

2 Answers

what was your biggest disappointment in life

3 Answers

What I saw myself doing in 5 years?

110 of 1,380 Interview Questions