Personal Banker Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Personal Banker Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Personal banker interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

she picked up a pen and said "how would you sell this pen?"

3 Answers

"our products are not so mundane"

I was also asked to sell a pen to my interviewer after talking about my sales skills. The interviewer kept insisting that he had a meeting to go to (brush off tactic). My sales presentation wasn't up to their par apparently (the interviewer told me so right away), so I asked to be coached (trying to show my willingness to learn). The answer they're looking for works something like this: 1) You try to sell interviewer pen 2) Interviewer brushes you off 3) Be persistent! Keep trying to sell the pen 4) Brush off continues 5) Make sure that the interviewer (pen customer) knows that their time is important to you and that you will leave a sample pen for them to test out and come by in a few days to follow up with the potential client Persistence is the key, as well as follow up. I believe after asking to be coached that this is what they're looking for.

I am actually shocked at how many candidates had this question. I didn't have it in my PB interview. I would answer that my expectations of this position don't necessarily involve the same skill set to selling a commodity like a common pen. The PB position is about identifying customer needs and presenting suitable, appropriate solutions. Discussing selling a pen, to me, is too generalized and does not adequately allow the interviewer and interviewee to explore the specific skills geared toward the consultative approach necessary to be successful in this position. If I were a hiring branch manager, I would not ask this question.

How did you generate ur book of business.

2 Answers

What do you think this position is for?

1 Answer

Why should we pick you ? Always get stuck on that one

1 Answer

Why would you like to work at citizens bank?

1 Answer

what does a person banker do?

1 Answer

Why do you want to be a personal banker?

1 Answer

All behavioral questions amongst each branch were the same. " What motivates you", " Tell me about a memorable experience when you..........., what was the call to action......what was the final outcome..... Role play as well.

1 Answer

Describe what a good customer services looks like?

1 Answer

How would you sell me this phone?