Postdoctoral associate Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Find jobs for postdoctoral associate

Postdoctoral associate Interview Questions in New York City, NY

postdoctoral associate interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you fit in this position?

1 Answer

During my doctoral program at the University of x, I had engaged in relatively broad research topics; however, the main subject common to all of my research was the dynamic modeling, stability analysis, and control of power systems, electronic converters and motor drives. My main research has focused on the fault-tolerant operation of the multilevel inverters; I have published several original articles in this field. I also have been involved in several projects such as using the model predictive control to track the maximum power point of the photovoltaic panels, designing the filter-less Z-source inverter for connecting the PV panels to the grid, and proposing the modulated model predictive control method to mitigate the effects of constant power loads.

Brief description of your past studies

Willing to work weekends

1 Answer

Would you be okay abandoning a project that wasn't working? (or something to this effect)

1 Answer

What are your career plans

1 Answer

What are some of the areas in this lab where you see you can contribute?

1 Answer

The interview was focused on my previous research work. How I solved problems and how I plan to work in the prospective lab. This is the typical postdoc hiring process. There was also the review from the lab members involved, who found me positive.

1 Answer

What do you think are the most important developments in your field as they relate to this project? Can you tell me about any literature on effective initiatives to improve job quality? What do you think the most promising policy interventions would be to address these challenges?

1 Answer

Would you like to stay in academia?

1 Answer

Like, what experiences do you have on this or that. And based on your resume. Etc.